January 21, 2008

Pencil Sketching





It is proved that man learned to communicate through drawing very early on. Much before alphabets were invented. Hieroglyphics proves that. Drawing pictures is a very strong mode of communication. During early times, poor artists used to make a living by using charcoal and chalk. Charcoal drawings have some very fine results when used on the right medium. Graphite pencil sketching came about much later. This is also known as “Dry media”. Which means there is no use of liquid.

Contrary to popular belief, artists often use good quality erasers when drawing. The eraser may be used to remove rough construction lines, or to soften lines for visual effect or to even erase and redraw a mistake. I have used my eraser several times during sketching. Though I am not a professional, I can see the progress with each of my art.

About my sketches :

Image 1 - A tribal lady

Image 2 – A baby

Image 3 – The same baby now grown into a fine young beautiful lady – my mother.

6 comments:

Dhivya said...

Hi its really very nice pics..I really appreciate ur work

KonkaniBlogger said...

Hi Vidya..Very nice sketches..I like sketching too..Stained glass painting also is very nice..Waiting to see your other work..

EC said...

Cool sketches...i got to learn this from u...

Vidya said...

Hi Dhivya,Maya and easycrafts,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your encouraging comments.

Anonymous said...

Lovely sketches! Thanks for dropping by my blog, Vidhya.

Meera said...

Beautiful sketches.